We would like to inform you that Serbian Association of Landscape Architects (SALA/UPAS/УПАС) is preparing the 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition, which will be held from the 5th – 28th of June 2019 in the Gallery of Science and Technology of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts in Belgrade. (8th LA Exhibition – PDF INFORMATION)
8th INTERNATIONAL LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE EXIBITION 2019
From 5th to 28th of June 2019. Gallery of the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts, Đure Jakšića street 2, Belgrade, Serbia.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
1.1. THE CONTENT OF THE EXHIBITION
The 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition, organized by the Serbian Association of Landscape Architects (UPAS / SALA), calls for projects from seven categories:
- Landscape architectural design — Implemented: Parks, outdoor sports and recreation centres, promenades, piazzas and squares, pedestrian zones, cultural and park heritage sites, open spaces of residential blocks, institutions and other public buildings, protective green belts, picnic sites, cemeteries, botanical and zoos gardens, residential gardens, roof gardens, park and garden architecture objects, design of mobile and outdoor equipment, land art, etc.
- Landscape architectural design — Non-Implemented: Unrealized projects, ideas, concepts, competition works, etc, within the scope mentioned in the point 1
- Plans of all categories (spatial, general, regulatory) that address landscape architecture issues, or integral parts of plans related to landscape architecture (nature protection, protection an promotion of cultural landscapes, cultural paths, recreational and tourist areas, development of open space network, green infrastructure, etc.)
- Studies and research in the field of landscape architecture
- Publications in the field of landscape architecture
- Multimedia works (video works, up to 10 minutes) related to the field of landscape architecture
- Student projects, from the field of landscape architecture, from all relevant areas: plans, design, research papers and projects, work from student competitions, etc. Students can apply with the projects done within the scope of the teaching process.
1.2. POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS
For participation in the 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition, projects can be submitted both by domestic and foreign authors, in two main categories:
– Professionals (individuals, groups or organizations) dealing with landscape architecture topics
– Students (individuals or groups), dealing with landscape architecture topics
1.3. PROPOSITIONS OF THE EXIBITION
All contributions of the mentioned categories which have been proposed or realised during the last three calendar years (from 2016 to 2019) can be submitted for the Exhibition, under the condition that they were not been presented on the previous Landscape Architecture Exhibitions organised by SALA.
Participants are free to submit one or more projects, each one as a separate submission.
Initial application is free of charge, while the fee will be necessary only if submitted projects pass the selection process (please refer to point 1.5.)
1.4. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested participants can submit their projects in the period from March 1, 2019. until April 15, 2019. Application should be submitted in electronic form to the Exhibition e-mail:
email@example.com (up to 25 MB)
In case that e-mail quota (25 Mb) is not sufficient for posters or video contributions transfer, we would advise the authors to use some of the file sharing services or cloud computing, submitting the link on the given address.
For all the works, application should include the following:
- Filled Application form – Application form should contain information about authors and short description of the project. The requested information will be later used for the Exhibition catalog. APPLICATION FORM
- Exhibition Posters (B2 format) – author(s) ought to prepare posters in the dimension of 50 x 70 cm (or 70 x 50 cm) and submit them ready for printing in PDF format, with the maximum size per file of 25 Mb. Up to two posters for one project can be submitted, with the marked order (1 and 2). Each poster should include author names. Posters will be printed by SALA.
- Illustration for the Exhibition catalogue – digital images, computer or scanned drawings and similar illustrations of the submitted work. For the category 1 – Realized projects submission need to include images of the site after the project competition. Material should be in JPG or TIFF format, with the minimal resolution of 300 dpi and in dimensions 10 x 10 cm.
1.4.1. Additional remarks
- For the category 5 – Publications, it is necessary to submit original printed publications (books, manuals, research publication, etc). The same can be done for the category 4 – Studies and research. upon authors preference. Material is to be submitted material on the following postal address:
JP Srbijasume – Ms. Andjelka Jevtovic
Kneza Miloša Street No. 55
11000 Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
with remark: Application for the 8th Landscape Architecture Exhibition
- For the works in the category 6 – Multimedia works, authors should submit material in AVI or MPEG format. Maximum runtime is limited to 10 minutes.
- For the category 7 – Student projects, students can apply only with the projects done within the scope of the teaching process during the last three school years (from 2016 to 2019). he posters should include mentor names, and additionally, students need to provide written recommendation from the mentor. The submission should also indicate name of the educational institution, programme and course title and level, as well as school year during which the project has been conducted.
1.5. SELECTION OF PROJECTS FOR EXHIBITION
The 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition uses two steps evaluation. The Exhibition Selection Committee will select the works which will be presented at the Exhibition, according to the quality of work and number of applications. Please note that the works which do not refer to the Exhibition propositions or the works which are not of sufficient quality by the discretion of the Exhibition Selection Committee will not be selected.
The Selection Committee will inform candidates whose works are chosen to be exhibited, via e-mail, by the latest until 15th of April 2019. Selected projects will be published in the Exhibition catalogue and presented at the Exhibition.
1.6. EXHIBITION FEE FOR THE SELECTED PROJECTS
Exhibitors whose works are selected for the catalogue and the exhibition are kindly asked to cover the exhibition fee in the following amounts:
- Professionals, members of IFLA National associations — 90 Euros for each project
- Other Professionals – 100 Euros for each project
- Students — 30 Euros for each project
Please note that the cost needs to be covered until 30th of April 2019. The information regarding the payment will be sent to the selected authors individually.
All the participants whose projects are chosen by the Selection Committee for the Exhibition and who cover the exhibition fee will have their projects published in the Catalogue of the 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition. In addition, the participants will receive their copy of the Catalogue at the venue or sent by post.
2. AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS OF THE EXHIBITION
The 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition is of a competitive character and takes pride in awarding the best works.
The International Jury will evaluate the selected projects of all of the mentioned categories and may give the following award and acknowledgements:
The main award of the 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition, the Grand Prix is given to the project which is of outstanding quality, within the following categories: Landscape architectural design (Implemented), Plans of all categories and Studies and research.
Besides the main award, the Jury may also present the following recognitions:
- Acknowledgements in the category Landscape Architectural Design – Implemented
- Acknowledgements in the category Landscape Architectural Design — Non Implemented
- Acknowledgements in the category of Plans
- Acknowledgements in the Study and Research category
- Acknowledgements in the category of Publications
- Acknowledgements in the category Multimedia Works
- Acknowledgements in the category Student Works
- The Jury will can also dedicate the acknowledgement for the best work of domestic author(s).
The jury may also award the Special recognition to one or more projects that stands out for some of the distinctive qualities, to any of the 7 designated categories.
The Jury has the right to deny the Grand Prix or any of the acknowledgements, if there is an opinion that contributions are not satisfying quality criteria. In addition, the Jury may allocate more than one prize in the mentioned categories, as well as to agree on the special prize of the Commission.
3. ACCOMPANIED EVENTS OF EXHIBITION
In addition to the Grand opening of the 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition followed with the award ceremony, SALA is organising series of accompanied events such as presentation of the winning projects, lectures, round tables, as well as other activities. The information on those activities will be subsequently announced.
4. DATES – SUMMARY
|Submission of applications:||1st of March –
|The work of the Selection Committee:||15th of April – 19th of April 2019|
|The response of the Selection committee to the selected candidates:||20th of April 2019|
|Registration fee payment deadline:||30th of April 2019|
|Work of exhibition Jury:||15th of April – 30th of April 2019|
|Jury report:||Until 6th of May 2019|
|Gallery will be opened to visitors:||from Wednesday, June 5th, 2019.|
|Grand opening of the 8th Exhibition with the award ceremony:||Friday, June 7th, 2019.|
|Closing of the exhibition:||Friday, June 28th, 2019|
5. CONTACTS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For additional information about the Exhibition you can contact organisers on
and follow us on SALA/UPAS web site www.upa.org.rs/?lang=en
Looking forward seeing you at the 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition in Belgrade!
Council of the 8th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition
Retrospective of the past SALA/UPAS/УПАС International Landscape Architecture Exhibitions 2005-2017 (PDF):