With great pleasure, we would like to inform you that the Serbian Association of Landscape Architects (UPAS / SALA) is preparing the 9th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition, which will be held from 2nd – 29th of June 2021 in the Gallery of Science and Technology of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts in Belgrade.
With the first information, we would like to draw attention to all interested professionals and students working in landscape architecture and related fields to consider participation at the 9th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition, which is corresponding the 25th anniversary of the Serbian Association of Landscape Architects.
A retrospective review of the previous eight Salons of Landscape Architecture 2005-2019: SALA LA Exhibitions Retrospective 2005-2019
INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
THE CONTENT OF THE EXHIBITION
- Implemented landscape architectural projects (parks, outdoor sports and recreation centres, promenades, piazzas and squares, pedestrian zones, cultural and park heritage sites, open spaces of residential blocks, institutions and other public buildings, picnic sites, touristic zones, road landscapes, cemeteries, botanical and zoos gardens, business gardens, residential gardens, roof gardens, park and garden architecture objects, design of mobile and outdoor equipment, land art of permanent – fixed form, etc.);
- Non-Implemented landscape architectural projects (unrealized designs, ideas and concepts, competition works, etc.);
- Plans of all categories (spatial, urban) that address landscape architecture issues, or integral parts of plans related to landscape architecture (nature protection, protection and promotion of cultural landscapes, recreational and tourist areas, development of open space network, green infrastructure, etc.);
- Studies and research in the field of landscape architecture;
- Publications (books, manuals, etc.) in the field of landscape architecture;
- Video works, art installations or multimedia related to the field of landscape architecture;
- Student projects
POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS AND PROPOSITIONS OF THE EXIBITION
For participation at the 9th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition, projects can be submitted both by domestic and foreign authors, in two main categories :
- Professionals (individuals, groups, studios or organizations) dealing with landscape architecture topics;
- Students (individuals or groups), dealing with landscape architecture topics.
All contributions from the mentioned categories which have been proposed or realised during the period from 2018 to 2021, can be submitted for the Exhibition, under the condition that they were not been presented at the previous Landscape Architecture Exhibitions organised by SALA.
Participants are free to submit one or more projects, each one submitted by a separate application.
An initial application is free of charge while the exhibition fee will be necessary only if submitted projects pass the selection process (please refer to the Selection of Projects for the Exhibition)
Interested participants can submit their works by April 15th, 2021. The application should be submitted in the electronic form to the Exhibition e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (up to 25MB).
In case that email quota of (25 Mb) is not sufficient for posters or video contributions transfer, we would advise the authors to use some of the file-sharing services or cloud computing, submitting by email the application form, illustration and data access link.
For all the works, on the given address, should be submitted the following:
- Filled Application form, available in attachment, containing information about authors and a short description of the project (up to 1.000 characters) in English. The requested information will be later used for the Exhibition Catalogue. Application-Form-9th-International-LA-Exhibition-2021
- Exhibition Posters (B2 format) – author(s) ought to prepare posters in the dimension of 50 x 70 cm (or 70 x 50 cm) and submit them ready for printing in PDF format, with the maximum size per file of 25 Mb. Up to two posters for one project can be submitted, with the marked order (1 and 2). Each poster should include author names. Posters will be printed by the Organizer.
- Illustration for the Exhibition catalogue – digital images, scanned drawings and similar contribution that illustrate the submitted work in the best manner. For category 1 – Realized projects, authors are requested to include images of the site after the project competition. The material should be in JPG or TIFF format, with a minimal resolution of 300 dpi and in 10 x 10 cm print dimensions.
- For category 5 – Publications, as well as for category 4 – Studies and research (in case the study is published), it is necessary to submit original printed publications (books, manuals, research publication, etc).
Delivery of printed material (publications/studies) is done by post in a sealed envelope, to the following postal address:
JP Srbijasume – Ms Andjelka Jevtovic (with the remark: Application for the 9th Landscape Architecture Exhibition)
Kneza Miloša Street No. 55
11000 Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
Note: Author bear the payment of shipping. Applications and materials contained in the envelope will NOT be returned.
- For the works in category 6 – Video works, art installations or multimedia, the submitted video should be limited for a maximum of 10 minutes, in one of the standard video formats.
- For category 7 – Student projects, students can apply only with the projects done within the scope of the teaching process during the last three school years (from 2018 to 2021). The posters should include mentor names, and additionally, students need to provide written recommendation from the mentor. The submission should also indicate the name of the educational institution, programme and course title and level, as well as the school year during which the project has been conducted.
SELECTION OF PROJECTS FOR EXHIBITION
The SALA International Landscape Architecture Exhibition uses two steps evaluation. The Exhibition Selection Committee will preselect the works, which will be presented at the Exhibition, according to the quality of works and the number of applications. Please note that the works which do not refer to the Exhibition propositions or the works which are not of sufficient quality, compared to other works, by the discretion of the Selection Committee will not be presented at the exhibition.
The Selection Committee will inform candidates, whose works are chosen to be exhibited, via e-mail, by the latest until 22nd of April 2021. Selected projects will be presented at the Exhibition and published in the Exhibition Catalogue.
EXHIBITION FEE FOR THE SELECTED PROJECTS
Exhibitors whose works are selected for the exhibition and catalogue are kindly asked to cover the exhibition fee, by the latest until 3rd of May 2021, in the following amounts:
- Professionals – 100 Euros
- Students — 30 Euros
The exhibition fee should be paid for each, separate project or work, in case the authors send more than one project. Instructions for payment will be given to the author(s) of the selected works, after the report of the Selection Committee. All participants whose work is exhibited will receive their copy of the Catalogue at the venue during the exhibition or they will be sent by post.
AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS OF THE EXHIBITION
The 9th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition is of a competitive character and takes pride in awarding the best works.
The International Jury will evaluate the selected projects of all of the mentioned categories and may give the following award and acknowledgements:
The Grand Prix is given to the project which is of outstanding quality, within the following categories: Implemented Landscape architectural projects, Plans of all categories and Studies and research.
The main award of the 9th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition – the Grand Prix, may be given to the project which is of outstanding quality, within the following categories: Implemented landscape architectural projects, Plans of all categories and Studies and research.
Recognitions by types of works (plaques):
- Acknowledgements in the category Implemented Landscape Architectural Project
- Acknowledgements in the category Non-Implemented Landscape Architectural Project
- Acknowledgements in the category of Plans
- Acknowledgements in the Study and Research category
- Acknowledgements in the category of Publications
- Acknowledgements in the category Video works, art installations or multimedia
Special Jury recognition
The jury may grant Special recognition to the projects that stand out for some of their distinctive qualities to any of the 7 designated categories
The Jury has the right to deny the Grand Prix or any of the acknowledgements if there is an opinion that contributions are not satisfying quality criteria. In addition, the jury has the right to award more than one acknowledgement, in the listed categories.
ACCOMPANIED EVENTS OF EXHIBITION
According to the situation related to the pandemic COVID-19, besides the Grand opening of the 9th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition followed by the award ceremony, SALA is planning the organisation of series of accompanying events, such as presentation of the winning projects, lectures, round tables and other activities. The information on those activities will be subsequently announced.
DATES – SUMMARY
|Submission of the applications||1st of March – 15th of April 2021|
|Work of the Selection Committee||until 22nd of April 2021|
|Response of the Selection Committee to the selected candidates||22nd of April 2021|
|Registration fee payment deadline||until 3rd of May 2021|
|Work of exhibition Jury||22nd of April – 7th of May 2021|
|Jury report||7th of May 2019|
|Gallery will be opened to visitors||from Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021|
|Grand opening of the 9th Exhibition with the award ceremony||Friday, June 4th, 2021|
|Closing of the exhibition||Tuesday, June 29th, 2021|
Updates and news can be found at the SALA/UPAS web site
Serbian Association of Landscape Architects
Council of the 9th International Landscape Architecture Exhibition