Dear IFLA members,
On behalf of IFLA Finance & Business Planning World Standing Committee, we would like to invite IFLA regions practicing firms and members to join us on an IFLA Trade and Business Mission Trip to Bahrain at the Bahrain International Garden Show from 25th Feb to 1 March 2015.
It is with great honour and privilege that one of our IFLA delegates from the FBP World Standing Committee, Damian Tang, also President of Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects (SILA) will be hosted by Her Royal Highness, Princes Sabeeka Bint Al Khalifa, Wife of the King of Bahrain Office, as the Guest-of-Honour for the Show. Damian has kindly extended this invitation to IFLA landscape architecture firms to venture to Bahrain and explore more growth opportunities.
As Bahrain is developing their city, firms of IFLA members are invited to explore project opportunities from master planning to landscape design, from parks, gardens and cities to resorts. Key projects and optimistic business potential will be shared, with a line up of key projects to be shared at the established meetings. As IFLA and SILA have communicated personally with the Economic Development Board of Bahrain and Her Royal Highness’ office, it is also a golden opportunity for IFLA to represent itself collectively in Bahrain and UAE with your partnership as a dynamic profession with a multitude of strengths.
The Objectives & Highlights of the Mission are:
- To explore business opportunities and gain first hand market information about the trade, business & landscape industry in Bahrain
- To meet and have exclusive dialogue sessions with key developers, organisations, government and Ministerial branches
- Engage in business matchmaking and networking session with Bahrain companies, key developers, government and Ministerial branches in the landscape industry to deepen business co-operation
- Collective branding of quality landscape consultancy services under IFLA to broaden your business opportunities
- To visit key development projects in Bahrain
The delegation will be led by Damian Tang as IFLA FBP World Standing Committee rep and Mr Ben Roberts, Executive Director of IFLA. We seek IFLA Regions support to disseminate this to your practicing firms as this represents a unique business and networking opportunity for the firms.
As an exhibition space of 78 sqm has been secured for IFLA, the IFLA pavilion can accommodate only up to 8 participating firms. Hence this opportunity is on a first come first serve basis.
Package cost for each participating firm: Euro 2000 net
Accompanying member(s) is allowed only for participating firms with confirmed registration.
Cost includes personal onsite and offsite coordination of printing, exhibition setup, shell scheme booth space, arrangement of meetings and networking sessions for IFLA delegation with Bahrain.
(This cost does not include flight, accommodation and any arrangement of travel needs. Any visa or travel documents would have to be self-arranged by the participant. The details can be found in the application form and IFLA brochure. You can also visit the following useful link
- Please complete your application form and confirm your registration with a non-refundable deposit of Euro 750 by 31 Dec 2014.
- Upon confirmation, updated details of the meetings and programmes will be sent to you. Request of more information of your company and projects for display will be requested from you within 30 days. Balance payment of Euro 1250 to be made 30 days before 25 February 2015.
As the IFLA Trade and Business Mission trip requires coordination with several parties, SILA from IFLA Asia-Pacific Region has kindly volunteered itself as the coordination entity and point of contact for IFLA on minimum cost recovery basis.
If you have any questions about the visit, please contact the delegation secretariat Ms Siying WongBahrain.firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director, IFLA