Landezine is calling landscape architects and architects from all over the world to submit entries for LILA – Landezine International Landscape Award 2022. This year, offices practising landscape architecture can contribute an unlimited number of submissions. Students and young professionals below 36 years of age can submit their portfolios.
There will be more than 50 possible recognitions for offices: up to 8 jury awards, 2 editorial awards, 7 special mentions and 35 shortlisted entries. All submissions by offices will be published on the LILA website that accepts over 100,000 visitors per year. See current and past LILA winners. For students and young professionals, there will be 2 editorial awards and a shortlist.
This year, offices practising landscape architecture can contribute an unlimited number of submissions into several categories. All projects must be built in 2018 or later.
1. Public Landscapes – Interesting and exceptional publicly accessible social spaces. Squares, parks, waterfronts … / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
2. Infrastructure Landscapes – Landscapes that were primarily designed to solve a technical issue with or without a human-scale layer. Publicly accessible or not. Traffic, energy production, large scale water management … / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
3. Residential Housing Landscapes – Collective housing, questioning the design of the semi-private open spaces for communities. / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
4. Private Residential Garden – Private residential gardens for single-family houses /1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries.
5. Hospitality Projects – open spaces for short term stays (tourism, hotels, resorts, bars and similar) / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
6. Schools & Playgrounds – open spaces for schools, kindergartens and similar / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
7. Campuses & Corporate Gardens – 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
8. Other – If a truly exceptional project won’t fit any of the above categories, the jury may award it a special recognition/award. / 1 award, 1 special mention
9. Office of the Year – 1 award, decided by Landezine editors
10. Honour Award – 1 award, decided by Landezine editors
11. NEW: STUDENT & YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PORTFOLIO AWARD – There will be 2 recognitions and multiple shortlisted entries that will be widely promoted in front of offices on Landezine and in Landezine newsletter
REGISTRATION FOR OFFICES
There are three deadlines for registration of offices in 2022 and one deadline for submission of the material (you can register early and submit the material late to save money).
EARLY registration fee deadline: 17 March: 150 euros per entry
REGULAR registration fee: 18 March – 31 April: 175 euros per entry
LATE registration fee: 1 – 12 May: 200 euros per entry
There is one deadline for material: Thursday, 12 May
REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS AND YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
The LILA Portfolio Award is intended only for the following individuals:
– students of landscape architecture
– young landscape architects that were born after 11 May 1986
Each participant can only submit one portfolio.
Deadline for submission: 12 May 2022
– All projects will be published on the LILA website, each on its own page.
– There are more than 50 possible recognitions
– All shortlisted entries will be published on the front page of the LILA website.
– All shortlisted entries will be promoted via all our online channels.
– Winners will be promoted on Landezine and in our newsletter all-year-round
STUDENTS & YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
– All shortlisted portfolios will be published on the LILA website.
– All shortlisted portfolios will be promoted on Landezine.
– A newsletter to all our subscribers will be sent promoting shortlisted portfolios.
– Winning portfolios will be promoted in detail on Landezine and will enjoy international visibility in front of many offices.